A number of activities
In addition to its fabulous beaches (we like Magen’s Bay, Sapphire, Coki Beach, Secret Harbour, and Morningstar at Marriott Frenchman’s Reef Resort) and varied watersports, St. Thomas has a number of other activities to keep you busy, should you so desire:
- Coral World (340-775-1555) is a unique marine park with an underwater observatory, huge shark tank, “touch pools” for children, and more.
- Take the ferry to a neighboring island for a day. The ferry schedule is available online at http://www.vinow.com/general_usvi/interisland_ferry.
- Take the Paradise Point Tramway in Havensite up 700 feet to the top for amazing views. Enjoy a bird show, boutiques, and a bar at the top.
- St. Thomas has several tennis facilities, some lighted for night play. Try the Wyndham Sugar Bay Beach Club (340-777-7100), Bolongo Bay Beach Resort (340-775-1800), or Marriott Frenchman’s Reef Tennis Courts, (340-776-8500).
- A walking tour on Blackbeard’s Hill (800-244-5771) and the visit to the museum at Government Hill (340-774-9295) are a fascinating way to explore the island’s history.
- To get the best sense of St. Thomas’ culture, plan your visit around Carnival (annually in April or May), or during the annual Bastille Day Celebrations (July 14th) or the Chili Cook Off (held annually in August or September).