PerfectÂ Wedding Destination
The Turks and Caicos’ pristine beaches, sparkling turquoise waters, refreshing breezes, starlit nights, and friendly people make this the perfect destination for your wedding. After just 24 hours on the Turks, you’ll be able to apply for a Marriage License at the Registrar General for Special Licenses. Here’s what you’ll need:
– Original Birth Certificate
– Proof of Status – if single a sworn affidavit is required.
– If one of the parties is a divorcee, then proof of Decree Absolute is required, either the original or a notarized copy, sealed by the Clerk of the Court.
– In the case of a Widow/Widower, the Death Certificate of the previous spouse is required.
– If change of name by Deed Poll or Adoption then proof is required.
– If under the age of 21 years then evidence is required as consent of one or both partner or guardian, in the form of an affidavit stamped by the Notary Public.
– The parties must not be within the prohibited degree of relationships to each other.
– Letter stating both parties occupations, marital status, age as of last birthday, present address of residence and fathers full name.
– For church weddings most Ministers require proof of membership.
– The marriage must be solemnized by a registrar of Marriage Officer (usually the Registrar General for Special Licenses) who is entitled to payment of reasonable traveling expenses if the marriage takes place other than at his usual place of business.
Please be advised that any passports or documentation written other than in English should be translated in advance and notarized by the applicable consulate.
There is a $50.00 license fee, and it usually takes 2-3 days to process your application. Your wedding can take place at any time after the license has been granted.
For further information, contact:
– Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages, Main Office (649-926-2800); or
– Pastor Leslie Myers (649-941-6730) in Providenciales.