Destination Weddings – St. Martin/St. Maarten
Did Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Royal Wedding start you dreaming of your own wedding? Not only can CaribbeanDays offer you a fairytale wedding at a Disney Castle; but, we also offer Destination Weddings!
Destination weddings are becoming increasingly popular for couples who want a more intimate wedding in an exotic location. You may choose to wed on the beach, in a tropical garden, or at your villa.
How about a wedding in St. Martin/St. Maarten?
If you would like to get married on St. Martin, you’ll need to know that on the French side, you’ll need to be on the island for at least 30 days before the big day, whereas the Dutch side allows non-residents to marry more easily. Couples planning to get married on St. Maarten have to be at least 21 years old and request permission to marry from the Lt Governor of the Island Territory of St. Maarten. Note that it may take up to two months to receive a reply. If permission is granted, you will be issued a temporary tourist permit in order to contract a marriage. Registration at the office of Civil Registry needs to take place at least ten days before the marriage. This can be done by faxing their office. Contact CaribbeanDays for help with these steps!
The following documents are required:
– Birth certificates of both parties are required
– Addresses of both parties
– Duration of stay on St. Maarten
– Names of parents, maiden names of mother including place of birth and birth date
– Professions of the bride, groom, and the parents
– Six witnesses if the marriage is to be performed outside of the Marriage Hall, 2 witnesses if it is to be performed at Wedding Hall. Non-Dutch witnesses must present a valid passport or a birth certificate with a picture ID
– Unmarried persons must present a declaration of marital status not older than 3 months
– Divorced persons may remarry on St. Maarten, but need to provide a recent extract of divorce of this current year. If divorced, a divorce certificate or a final judgment decree. Divorced women can only remarry after 306 days upon inscription into the registry of divorce at the office of Civil State.
All paperwork needs to be translated into Dutch by an official translator or a notary public, in which case the notary’s signature, stamp, and seal must be included as well.
CaribbeanDays can help you make your dream wedding come true!
CaribbeanDays is proudly partnered with Royal Coachman Worldwide and Enterprise, Alamo and National Car Rental Services.
CaribbeanDays.com, LLC is proudly partnered with Project Expedition