Updated 9/8 @ 3:30pm – Disney World Still Opened; but Canceled Some Activities
*Updated as of 3:oopm EST, 9/8/2017
Disney World is still operating and taking in a lot of Florida guests that have evacuated from southern Florida. But they have canceled special events such as Saturday’s Night of Joy, a Christian Music Festival and Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for this weekend.
Disney also has an active help page for hurricane information: Hurricane Irma.
- Magic Kingdom: Closing on Saturday at 9:00 pm.Happily Ever After fireworks on Saturday is cancelled.
- Epcot: Closing on Saturday at 9:00 pm – Monday. Illuminations: Reflections of Earth on Saturday is cancelled.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Closing on Saturday at 7:00 pm – Monday. Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular and Fantastmic! on Saturday is cancelled.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: Closing on Saturday at 7:00 pm – Monday. Rivers of Light on Saturday is cancelled.
- All parks will be closed Sunday and Monday. Pending damage assessment Disney World hopes to reopen parks on Tuesday, September 12.
- Disney Springs: Closing on Saturday at 9:00 pm – Monday.
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park will closed Friday-Monday.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon: Closing on Saturday at 5:00 pm – Monday.
- ESPN Wide World of Sports: Closed Saturday – Monday.
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will be closed Saturday, September 9 at 2:00 pm. In addition, Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue and Mickey’s Backyard BBQ will be canceled on Saturday September 9, Sunday September 10, and Monday September 11.
- The Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs will be closed beginning Saturday, September 9 at 2:00 pm.
- Disney’s Vero Beach on the east coast of Florida will be closing at 2:00 on Friday, September 8, 2017. No word on how Disney is handling the evacuation of its guests.
- Orlando International Airport will stop flights on Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 5:00 pm. Orlando Sanford airport, will close at 5:15 pm on Saturday, September 9. Both airports have not stated when they will re-open. They will likely assess any damage and make that decision after the storm goes through Central Florida. If you have been affected with the airport closures, contact your airline for more information.
- Effective immediately Disney will not be enforcing dine reservation cancelation policies so there is no need to cancel dine reservations through Monday, September 11.
- Pre-paid dining and premium experiences will automatically be cancelled and refunded.
Disney has announced that the Night of Joy concerts at the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex on September 9 has been cancelled. The Friday concerts planned for Friday, September 8 will still run as scheduled. Those guests with Night of Joy tickets for Saturday can attend Friday’s event instead by exchanging their tickets at the Wide World of Sports ticket office starting at 4:00 pm on Friday. Those who are not able to attend either night, may request a refund. Those requests for a full refund will be honored.
Also, Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party has been cancelled for Sunday, September 10. The event will take place as planned on Thursday, September 7. Guests are invited to exchange their Sunday, September 10 ticket for one of the following options:
- Tickets to attend another Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
- Tickets to attend an upcoming Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- 1 Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper Option, to be used within the next 2 years.
- Receive a full refund for event tickets.
To redeem these offers, Guests should call (407) 939-7818 by January, 2018 between the hours of 7:00 am – 11:00 pm or email Disney at Ticket.Inquiries@DisneyWorld.com. Have your tickets available when contacting Disney.