From CaribbeanDays with Amore!
Italy is a peninsula nation located in southern Europe. Due to its geographical features, it is often called lo Stivale “The Boot”. Italy was the home to famous Renaissance figures like Leonardo da Vinci and Michaelangelo. The northern region of Italy consists mainly of the Alps, while the southern region hosts a Mediterranean feel. Major cities like Rome, Venice, Florence, Milan, and Naples all call Italy their home, each with its very own distinct history, culture, and atmosphere. Explore the famous Vatican City or venture south to the picturesque Amalfi Coast; your perfect Italian adventure awaits you.
- Climate: In northern Italy, the winters are cold and the summers are hot. Further south, the climate is milder with longer summers and shorter winters. At the southern tip of Italy, the winters are never harsh and the summer is comparable with other areas in Italy.
- Cuisine: Italian cuisine is characterized by its simplicity. Even though dishes may vary throughout regions, Italian cuisine is one of the most popular in the world. Traditional Italian cuisine includes tomatoes, meats, fish, and cheese. Pasta is also very popular as there are several different varieties. Italy is also known for its coffee, known as espresso there.
- Culture: Italy is seen by many as the birthplace of Western civilization and for global impacts like the Roman Empire, the Renaissance, and the Roman Catholic Church. Italy is also home to the most UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Much of the world we know today including law, politics, language, and religion comes from the Roman culture in Italy.
- Getting Around: Italy has an efficient network of train, bus, ferry, and domestic air which can be pretty affordable. It is possible to rent a car but gas and motorway tolls can be expensive.
- Getting There: International airports are located in Rome and Milan with an intercontinental airport located in Venice.
- Money: Tipping is customary in restaurants. There are ATMs and banks throughout Italy.
- Regional Health Tips: Healthcare is readily available throughout Italy. Italy is also legally required to provide emergency care to anyone who needs it.
Welcome Tuscany, Italy to CaribbeanDays
Tuscany is overflowing with natural, architectural, and artistic masterpieces. The birthplace of Italian Renaissance is home to rolling hills, majestic cypress trees, miles of sandy coastline, and beautiful vineyards in addition to the world’s finest art center, Florence. Stay in a rustic yet elegant villa enjoying life’s greatest pleasures: sprawling countryside, simple, fresh cuisine, and Italy’s finest wines.
Welcome to CaribbeanDays Apulia, Italy!
The Valle d’Itria in Apulia is also known as Valle dei Trulli – Trullos’ Valley (trullo is a version of dome house), a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1996. The magical atmosphere created by its characteristic white constructions with stone conic roofs immersed in timeless olive groves and Mediterranean vegetation is charming visitors from all over the world. Valle d’Itria is also famous for the natural beauty of its towns, white beaches, deep caves, fantastic cuisine and warm hospitality…and this is just to name a few!
CaribbeanDays can take you to Sorrento, Italy!
The Sorrentino coast welcomes you with sites of extraordinary natural beauty and fantastic views of Mount Vesuvius and the Gulf of Naples, in an area that stretches from Castellammare di Stabia to Sant’Agata dei Due Golfi.
Sorrento, the most relevant city of the area, is a favorite destination for many, thanks to a magic combination of quaint narrow streets, baroque churches, mild climate, verdant gardens and excellent hospitality.
CaribbeanDays Welcomes the Amalfi Coast of Italy
The Amalfi Coast is 25 miles of awe-inspiring Mediterranean coastline. Whether you find yourself in one of its little hillside villages, in the middle of a lemon grove or hanging over its shimmering harbors, here la Dolce Vita appears timeless. While among the cities of the Amalfi Coast, Positano has a more international appeal and a dramatic, beautiful scenery, do not underestimate the Sorrento Coast, with its Old World graciousness and a unique local flair. A few miles off the coast is the island of Capri, sporty and elegant, an ideal destination for those who love the sea but crave the excitement of being on a famous island.
CaribbeanDays Welcomes Sicily, Italy
Sicily, like all regions of Italy, has its own rich and unique culture, especially with regard to the arts, music, literature, cuisine, architecture and language. From ancient times Sicily has been conquered by many powerful civilizations coming from all sides of the Mediterranean and from the distant north. Because of its rich and varied past, Sicily today is an amalgam of all these various artistic and architectural influences that have been absorbed during the centuries creating something extraordinary you will be charmed by. It is impossible to list here all the great things Sicily has to offer – one must visit the island and try himself, one must meet the people, eat their food and smell the air to really understand what Sicily is all about.
CaribbeanDays is proudly partnered with Royal Coachman Worldwide and Enterprise, Alamo and National Car Rental Services.
CaribbeanDays.com, LLC is proudly partnered with Project Expedition